Thursday, January 22, 2009

I, like a bajillion other people, made a New Year's resolution to work out, lose weight, and stop smoking. Just kidding, I don't smoke, BUT if I did, I would definitely resolve to quit. Anyway, I, like half a bajillion other people, have yet to actually do anything related to working out or losing weight. Until yesterday. I was sitting around my house yesterday, doing laundry and attempting the Wednesday crossword puzzle (which was way too hard for a Wednesday, if you ask me) when I spotted out of the corner of my eye, the Wii Fit box. Up until that moment, I had completely forgotten that my mom bought herself a Wii Fit last year. If I had remembered, I would have of course been using it everyday and would be 10 pounds lighter right now. Needless to say, mom hasn't used it either. So I dug it out, plugged it in, and got started. One hour later, I was highly entertained, but didn't really feel like I'd had much of a workout. But I shrugged it off, and figured that an hour of pretending to hoola-hoop, jogging in place, and stretching couldn't have hurt me, and I went on about my day. The workout soreness that I usually love didn't even creep up on me last night, like I kind of expected. I mean, it's been a really long time since my last workout, so it shouldn't take much to make me sore. That all changed when I woke up this morning. I got up early (5:45am early) and felt okay, but by 8:00am I was wincing with pain with every step. I couldn't figure it out either. I seriously thought that I was so sore because I didn't sleep very well last night. It didn't even cross my mind that my seemingly pointless workout yesterday would make me this sore. But it did. Like all over, full body, sore. Head to toe. Finger to finger. That just goes to show that even doing just the littlest bit can do your body good. I can't wait for round two this afternoon!!

Points of Grace, Day 2
1. Conversational Candy Hearts. The kind that Necco makes.
2. My Dada. Today is his 88th birthday and after losing my grandmother on Christmas morning, I feel extra lucky to still have him here. Oh, and he and my grandmother were married for 67 and a half years. Pretty amazing, huh?
3. Yahoo IM. I spent a good portion of my morning (at work) chatting with my friend Bobs, who lives in Panama and is just a three short weeks away from marrying his Latin love.
4. Closing the office at 3:00pm on Thursdays so I can go out and enjoy the 72 degree weather in the middle of January.
5. Highlighters. They make me feel like I'm doing something important.

No comments:

Post a Comment