Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Iced in and loving it...


I'm a freak. A total freak. I'm just going to put it out there. Why am I so freaky, might you ask? It's because I'm in day two of an "ice storm" (whatever that means) and I absolutely love it. I'm one of those freaky people who loves terrible weather and gets really excited about ice storms, blizzards, tornados, etc. My favorite season is Winter, although it really doesn't snow enough in Oklahoma for me. But OK never lets me down when it comes to Spring because then it's tornado time! Ohhhh I love me some tornados. But not when I'm alone. Then I freak out, jump in my car and drive to the nearest family members home. Often while a tornado is following me. It drives my mother crazy, but she's the one who passed on her love of freaky weather to me, so really, she's the one to blame.  

Anyway, none of this really has to do with anything, I just thought I'd let you know how much I'm loving this weather.  If I had it my way, the sleet would turn to big pillows of fluffy snow, and it would last for weeks and I could go sledding and build a snowman and bundle up in layers and layers of sweaters and fleece. But this is Oklahoma, and snow like that just doesn't happen here that often. 

I do have to admit that a small, teeny, tiny part of me loves this weather because I get to stay home from work. But just a teeny, tiny part. Right now, I'm sitting in bed, in my pjs, drinking coffee and it's 10:00am on a Tuesday. Sweeeeet!!  Normally, a dentist office wouldn't necessarily close due to bad weather, but we had 12 patients over the age of 80 coming in today, and that's just not a good idea to put them out on the streets. And our hygienist is 7 months preggers and lives in Choctaw and almost fell twice yesterday, so there's definitely no reason to get her out on the ice. We kinda like her and her little "Baby K."  

Anyway, I'll stop rambling on and on about my love for severe weather. But really, I love it. I just can't help my freaky self. 

Points of Grace, day 3. (I'd like to say that I've been recognizing my graces offline the past few days, but then I'd be lying, and I'm just not into that.) 
1. My dog Caddo. She is seriously the coolest dog I've ever seen in my life. She has a mohawk, and what's not to love about a dog with a mohawk?  (That's a picture of her at the top of this post. If I had any clue about how to move it down here where it belongs, I would do it. But I was just excited that I figured out how to put a picture on here. It's all about baby steps.)
2.  My iPhone. I really didn't want one, I mean really didn't want one. But then my sweet boyfriend surprised me with one for Christmas, and I'm suddenly smitten with the iPhone! Thanks babe! =)
3. My boyfriend, Matt. He's pretty awesome. He likes to play video games as much as I do, and doesn't mind that I beat him almost every single time we play Excite Truck or Mario Kart. And he eats the food I cook, even if there are killer tomatoes in it. 
4. Soup. Delicious soup when it's 17 degrees outside and my car is frozen shut. I made potato and corn chowder last night, and I'm thinking about having a bowl for breakfast. It has bacon in it, so it's kind of a breakfast food, right?!
5.  My Mogu pillow. I couldn't make it through a night without it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment