Thursday, February 26, 2009

It's all good, baby bay-bee...

I have something to admit to you all. Something I need to get off my chest.  It's nothing Earth shattering, but it might be something that most of you don't really know about me. And for some of you, it might just blow your mind. Or not. It's up to you to decide. 

I love rap music.

There, I said it. I think it started way back in the day, when I was a tiny 2nd grader riding to school with my teenager brother who would listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers (Under the Bridge, anyone?) and Rap. Emphasis on RAP. He was probably trying to prepare his much younger siblings for the reality of life. Or maybe he was trying to drown out our constant bickering.  But most likely, he just enjoyed the look of horror on mom's face when we would walk into the house after school singing "Gin and Juice." He also taught my little brother how to ask for a "brewski, brew-ha-ha, alcoholic beverage" when he was 3. Family dinners were always a good time.

Anyway, back to the music. I have recently re-discovered my love for rap. I used to be strictly a "gangsta rap" kinda girl, especially the old school stuff like Notorious B.I.G. and Dr. Dre. But I have to admit that some of the new stuff is starting to grow on me. I'm really loving me some Kanye West. Too bad the dude is obnoxious as hell when he's not making music. I also like Lupe Fiasco, Jay-Z (although he really needs to ditch Beyonce), T.I., and Outkast. I only wish that I was a little more "gangasta" myself so I wouldn't feel like such a poser. I mean, I'm a total white girl in every sense of the term. But I'm cool with that. 

Do this: put Pandora internet radio on the Kanye West station. Turn the music up really loud. Get out your Wii Fit and just dance it out while you work it out! I promise, you will not regret it. And if you don't have a Wii Fit, just go ahead and dance it out anyway. But make sure to do it when no one else is home, it can get a little embarrassing, but I really wouldn't know anything about that.....

Graces!!
1. A big brother who passed on his love of rap music to all three of his younger siblings. Well, these three at least. 
2. Half a bag of Sour Skittles. If you eat the whole bag, you'll lose all your taste buds for at least two days. Consider yourself warned.
3. Cobra's new little dog, Duff!!  He's a great dance partner. =)
4. Pumpkin muffins at Panera. Delish!!
5. The new Thunder mascot, Rumble the Bison!! Although, I personally like to call him Grumble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment