Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday...

I normally don't find Monday's to be so bad. At least, not as bad as everyone makes them out to be. I usually greet Monday mornings with a smile, and think about all I have to look forward to in the coming week. I know that the crossword puzzle in the Monday morning paper will be a cinch. I know that a new episode of Who Wants to be a Millionaire will be on during my lunch hour. And I know that it's the one night a week that boyfriend and I get to spend the night alone together, making dinner and catching up on our shows. These might not seem like much to get excited about, but I find that being optimistic about even the littlest of things, can turn an ordinary Monday, into a great Monday. This is something I try to do everyday, and it really has helped me to be a more postive person and to enjoy the often mundane aspects of day-to-day life.

But every so often, I just can't find much to be happy about. Today is one of those days.

But I've decided not to let this happen today. No, today I have decided to take my "Case of the Mondays" and throw it out the window. I'm not going to let it win! I have way too many exciting things happening this week to let one little Monday get me down. For starters, it's March and I love March. It's my birthday month, it means that spring is a little closer, and hopefully it means that there will be some major thunder storms in the near future. And, let's face it, I love March because it means February is over, and as everyone knows, February is just a stupid month in general.
In addition to it finally being March, I also get to go skiing this weekend! Mom and T are taking us to Breckenridge for a long weekend, and I couldn't be more excited. Colorado is definitely one of my favorite places in the world. It's snowy and cold and mountainous, what's not to love? I'm not the best skiier in the world, but I can definitely hold my own on the slopes, it just might take me a year and a half to get down the mountain. Boyfriend is gonna have to slow it down this time. I think it's a personal goal of his to see just how fast he can get to the bottom of the mountain. I, on the other hand, like to take my time and enjoy the scenery. And going that fast scares the crap out of me. My brother and his girlfriend are coming too. They live in L.A. and I miss my brother all the time, so I'm really looking forward to spending the weekend with him. Too bad he's still a "crip" and can't ski, but Mom doesn't either so they can keep each other entertained.
Now for the really exciting stuff, MY BIRTHDAY IS IN 6 DAYS!! I'm not exactly that thrilled about turning 26, but I love birthdays so I'm just trying to overlook that little fact and pretend like I'm turning 25 again. 25 is just a much better age than 26. The best part about my birthday, is that I'll be spending it in the snowy mountains, with lots of people I love. Which means that the whole week after will be full of birthday celebrations with all of the other people I love who won't be on a ski trip with me! I'm a big believer in "birthday weeks" instead of just the one day.
So to sum things up, it's March, I'll be in Colorado in three days, and my birthday is in six days. But it doesn't stop there! Today is National Banana Creme Pie Day, it's Dr. Suess' birthday (he would be 105), Read Across America Day, and it's going to be a beautiful, sunny day so get out there and eat some pie, read some books and maybe rhyme a little here and there, in honor of Dr. Suess! Whatever you do, don't let this be just another Manic Monday!

Graces:
1. The color green.
2. Honey Nut Cheerios.
3. Bob FM for my morning drive to work.
4. Opening up my email and finding 3 new recipes sent from various friends.
5. #$&%*^@ for days when you really need them.

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment