Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oh, the majesty of it all...

One of my favorite things about Oklahoma is it's crazy weather. Two weeks ago we had a minor ice storm, last week was nothing but sunny skies and warm 70 degree weather (and crazy wind), and yesterday we had tornados that seemed to come out of nowhere. And it's February! 

I went out to Lake Hefner to take some pictures of the skies. I love the skies during storms, and the lake is usually one of the best places to really get a clear view. I'm not the best photographer, and these pictures definitely don't do the skies any justice, but just use your imagination. 

Doesn't this one look like the skies are opening up to Heaven? I can tell you one thing, it didn't look like that in person. 

This one was looking in the direction that the storm was moving. Aren't the clouds ridiculous??
I love how the clouds just come in and take over the place. Sometimes it seems as if they've taken over the city, not just the skies. Yesterday definitely did not disappoint. 

This was looking back to where the storm came from.  As the clouds moved in, and back out again, the air felt so strange and eerie, like something was about to happen. I thought it was simply breathtaking. 
 
Points of Grace.
1. Having a camera with me at all times. You never know when you'll see something truly amazing. 
2. Shelter during a storm. 
3. Pink Lady apples. Hmmm...delicious. 
4. Scarves in all shapes, sizes and colors. 
5. Paul Frank socks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment