Thursday, February 5, 2009

Purple Butter


I love to cook. Have I told you that before? If I haven't, then just keep it in mind. I'm sure the majority of the things I write about on here will be food related. Anyway, the only thing I love more than cooking, is cooking with someone I love, especially Matt. It's just fun to be in the kitchen together, and since he isn't as into cooking as I am, I think it's especially fun to have him help out. Last Saturday night was our anniversary (4 1/2 years baby!) so we decided to stay in and make dinner together. While I tackled the main course, Matt took the job of making the bread. Which really just meant he had to separate it (it was pre-sliced) and butter it. He decided to make some delicious garlicy-herby butter, so he started digging around the spice cabinets. At some point, he asked me something about food coloring, but I just sort of laughed it off, and started thinking about what exactly food coloring was made of, because I'm sort of weird, and that was the logical thing to think about at the time. Anyway, a few short minutes later, I turned around to find him mixing up a bowl of neon purple butter. Yes, neon purple. Because we have neon food coloring. He was so proud, and honestly, so was I. I mean, how can you resist a man (and a scruffy man to boot) having fun with food? It was probably one of my favorite moments with him ever. Did I mention how long we've been together?  Anyway, ever since then, all I've been able to think about is what other foods I can dye with food coloring, without it being too creepy, of course. I've come up with some pretty good ideas, and I'm really looking forward to trying them out. I promise to keep you all up to date on this very serious and interesting experiment. 

Points of Grace.
1. Neon food coloring. Go buy some. It will change your life. 
...Okay, it might not change your life, but it will make your food pretty. 
2. My girls!!!! You know who you are, and I love you, you foxy ladies! 
3. My grandma. Man, she's fantastic. 
4. Sweatpants. I can't help it, I like to be comfortable. 
5. The White Stripes. Did you know that Jack White took Meg's name when they married? That doesn't really make me like them more, I just thought it was an interesting bit of info. 

No comments:

Post a Comment