Tuesday, March 3, 2009

But what is it?

The Snuggie was a big topic of conversation over the holidays. I spent a good portion of Christmas Day discussing this most confusing item with my brothers and cousins. We just couldn't quite figure out what it was. Is it a blanket? Is it a robe? Do you have to join a cult to get one?

Then my friend, Meeshka-Doodlelydo (hehehe...sorry, I had to) sent this creepy picture to me and I almost choked on my red Sour Patch Kid when it popped up on my screen! Okay, that's not the exact reaction I had. I surely wouldn't ever be caught eating candy at my desk. That would just be unprofessional, especially in a dental office. And we are all about total professionalism around here.

Anyway, I had almost forgotten all about the dreaded Snuggie until she threw this little gem my way. Just take a look at the picture again. It totally freaks me out. How is this not creepy? Who has a Snuggie party? And why, oh why, is the guy in the orange wearing a blond wig with pigtails? Can someone please explain this picture to me? Because I just don't get it. What is so wrong with a blanket in the first place? They seem to keep me pretty warm. And if I wanted a blanket with sleeves, I'd go put my robe on backwards. But then I'd look like one of these idiots, which is exactly why you won't find me buying one of these things anytime soon.

Whew. I'm glad I got that off my chest! It's been bugging me all day, and I just had to share my hatred of Snuggies with people I know will understand. You all understand, right?

In more interesting news, did you all know that today is Square Root Day? If you want to know all the fun details about it, check it out here http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=square-root-day-3309-is-upon-us-2009-03-03. And if you don't really care about square roots, then you can celebrate "What If Cats And Dogs Had Opposable Thumbs Day" because apparently that is a holiday today as well! So, as you can see, there's really no reason not to be happy today. There's far too much to celebrate! (So cheer up, LBC!!)


My P.O.G.'s for the day:
1. Chapstick
2. Pink dolphins, courtesy of LBC. =)
3. Outland by Diana Gabaldon. Ooohhh it's good and juicy!
4. Hand lotion
5. To-do lists...check, check!

Disclaimer: anything written in this blog is written with love, and with good meaning. If any feelings are hurt, in this post or any other, I apologize whole-heartedly.

So if you love the Snuggie and I pissed you off, I'm sorry. But it's just a blanket, you'll get over it.

5 comments:

  1. haha. Amy came by M and L's this weekend and guess what she was carrying around in the trunk of her car??? You guessed it....her snuggie! She said she got one for Christmas and doesnt really know what to do with it so she keeps it in her car in case of emergency!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anyone should be offended by your post annie - it's just your opinion. You're not hurting anyone.

    Anyways, that may have been the funniest post EVER! I was laughing out loud in my office. And that picture is going to give me nightmares. When I close my eyes, I see their faces and I shudder. Good job, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason the picture got chopped in half when I posted it. If I knew how to fix it, I would, but I a.)have no idea how to do that, b.)don't really care. =)

    But if you want to see the whole picture, just google snuggies and it will be on the imigaes page. But it's scary, so prepare yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, apparently I don't know how to spell. I meant "images" in the comment, and I meant "Outlander" by Diana Gabaldon, not Outland. My apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I went to lunch with my mom today and I was telling her about your post today. So of course we get into a discussion about Snuggies, and she mentions how they are kinda the new Chia Pet. And then she had a BRILLIANT idea - a Chia Snuggie!!! Grow Your Own Fur!!! I almost fell out of my chair laughing...though you'd like that. ; )

    ReplyDelete