Monday, March 23, 2009

Huh?

I'm in a mood today. And it's not a good one. So please excuse me if I'm a little off my game. It happens from time to time.

I don't really have anything in particular to say today, but there are a few things that I'd like to share with you. I'll do my best at not making it all too terribly random, but I can't make any promises.

I ran by 7-11 this morning for some coffee and the biggest bottle of water I could find. While doctoring up my coffee with those nasty pink packets of fake sugar (7-11 clearly hasn't heard of SPLENDA yet...), I looked up to the crazy assortment of packaged breakfast foods they had to offer. I wasn't planning on buying any, but I still had to have a look. And you want to know what I saw? A strangely greasy mystery muffin by some brand called "Otis Spunkmeyer." Repeat that to yourself, and tell me honestly, would you buy a breakfast muffin with the word "SPUNKmeyer" on it? Really? Apparently they are the top selling fast food brand, according to Google. And yes, I Googled it. How could I not? I was actually tempted to buy one, just so I could sit it on my desk and see how long it would take to spoil. For some reason, I figure it's got to have Twinkie like qualities where it can sit on your shelf for 32 years and never go bad. From the sight of this thing, that's probably how long it had been sitting on the shelf at 7-11. I did, however, buy a bag of Munchos potato chips. You know the ones, they're light and airy and ridiculously salty? I've have about a fourth of the bag so far, and my fingers are already puffed up from all the salt. Good thing I bought 3 liters of water....

I hear that OK is in for some crazy weather today, and I can't wait! I hope it hails and storms and tornadoes all day and all night. Of course if it hails this time, I sure hope it doesn't hit the Fike household in Yukon like it did last time. The T man doesn't need to be up on the roof during a tornado warning again.

My dad had a housewarming/60th Bday for himself party last night. He had a sushi chef there making tons and tons of delicious sushi. There were probably around 60ish people there (I'm horrible at making guesstimations) and at least half of those people were family members. We have a big family. And by big, I mean BIG. I made a carrot cake for the occasion. It was supposed to be a giant vanilla cupcake with vanilla butter cream icing, but I charred the crap out of that cake, so I went to plan B and made a carrot cake with cream cheese icing, because I know how to do that. It was sooo delicious. And with the help of my niece, I managed to get all 60 candles on it, and got them all lit as well, and it only took 4 people to do it! Have you ever seen a bundt cake with 60 candles on it? It's quite a sight. Anyway, despite the party's success, I'm pretty sure it will be another 60 years before dad hosts another one. I'll tell you all more about dad turning the big 6-0 when his day actually gets here.

Feeling philanthropic? Donate some money to the Ta-Ta Trekkers! Go to mizzlesblizzle.blogspot.com (there's a link on the side of my page) and check out her link to her donation page. She and three others are walking 60 miles in 3 days to raise money for Susan G. Komen. So go spend some money, and save some boobies!!

While you in the giving mood, you should also give to the Norman Music Festival. Or you should just go to it! It's free and open to the public, so there's really no reason not to go. Unless you're me, and you have to be in Fort Worth that weekend for a wedding you want to go to, but are mad about because you once again have to miss the NMF. Anyway, the festival is seriously awesome. Last year the headliners were The Polyphonic Spree, and this year it's Of Montreal. There is an awesome lineup for the whole festival, so check it out on Facebook, Myspace, or normanmusicfestical.com. And give them money!! Because it's free for you to go, so you should help them out so they can keep it that way. And because my cousin's hubby put SO MUCH hard work into it.

Need a new show to watch? Check out United States of Tara on Showtime. It's funny and weird and mildly disturbing (my favorite kind of shows), but Toni Collette is amazing. I watched 7 episodes on Saturday night and it was awesome. I also made a ridiculously large bowl of pasta, and ate every last bite of it. That was crazy awesome as well. I seriously love pasta, especially with homemade tomato sauce, which is really easy to make, so if you're scared to try it, don't be. I can talk you through it if you need me to. And yes, I sat at home by myself on a Saturday night and watched tv, ate massive amounts of food, and had too much wine. And I loved every single minute of it, because I'm a freak and love doing things like that. I wouldn't mind spending at least one night a week like that, that's how much I love it.

I seriously need a place to live. By myself. Partly because I'm 26 and live like a nomad, and partly because I need my own kitchen to make a mess in every night. And I need a place to hang my new butterflies and wall hooks I got for my birthday. Anyone out there willing to let me live in their house for a relatively low monthly rent? Please let me know.

Need another reason to hate the Snuggie? They sell your information to other companies, so not only do you get a stupid blanket wanna-be, you also get junk mail from all their crazy cohorts. Stupid Snuggie people.

Okay, I guess I'll stop rambling on about completely random things now. My spirits have started to lift a little, so I guess my mission has been accomplished. Hope you all are having a happy Monday!! (If there is such a thing....)

Grace:
1. New baby K!!! Landry Kate, 6 lbs, 14 oz. 19 1/2 inches long. Born just this morning. =)
2. Being the only person in my office so I can take ridiculously long lunch breaks and leave early.
3. Janna Conner jewelry. Beautiful!
4. Eva Cassidy's voice. If I could only hear one sound for the rest of my life, it would be her singing.
5. Giant cupcake pans. I'm determined to make it work!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out Annie! Have you not heard of Otis Spunkmeyer before? The muffins are actually quite delicious...especially warm with some spray butter. Oh and is there really such a thing as a giant cupcake pan? Please tell me where I can get one....I have to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I hadn't heard of Otis Spunkmeyer before, but it's possible I've eaten on their muffins before and just never noticed the name. They are probably delicious, but as you can tell, I was a little grumpy yesterday, so that might be one reason why they looked so gross!

    The giant cupcake pan is from williams sonoma, but I think you can get them at bed, bath and beyond too. probably cheaper there. Whatever you do, if you get the WS one, don't make the recipe that comes with it! Mine turned out so burned and funky!!

    ReplyDelete