Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! It's days like today that I wish I were Irish. Or Scottish. Or Italian, American Indian, Chinese, Chilean, Egyptian, British, hell, I'd even settle for Canadian. But alas, I'm not. I pretty much as straight up Okie as they get. I even had relatives that came over in the Land Run. You can't get more Okie than that! Not that there's anything wrong with being an Okie, but I really wish there was a day like today for me to celebrate my heritage. I mean, I'm not even Catholic! The only reason I feel like I deserve to celebrate St. Patty's Day is that my favorite color is green. And I like beer. Green beer especially. Anyway, enough about my lack of interesting heritage. I really wanted to let everyone know that the place to celebrate today is Sean Cummings Irish Pub. They are having a party that starts in exactly 22 minutes and will last through the night. If you want all the fun details, check out their website seancummingsirishpub.com. I will be there, and all of my cool friends, so it's guaranteed to be a good time. Don't miss it! Oh, and don't forget to wear some green. I've already pinched three people today and I'm not afraid to do it again!

Did you know that the original "color" for St. Patty's wasn't green, it was blue? I'm thinking about bringing it back; blue really is more my color.

Irish Drinking Song of the Day: (Chorus only, and it gets faster and faster as repeated)
Mary Mack's father's makin' Mary Mack marry me
My father's makin' me marry Mary Mack
And I'm goin' to marry Mary for my Mary
to take care of me
We'll all be makin' merry when I marry Mary Mack

GRRACE!! (said in my best Ed Rooney voice)
1. Green beer
2. 31 Bits jewelry, thanks to Fayth. These women are amazing. Check them out at 31bits.com
3. M. Ward "Hold Time" album.
4. Office lunch parties.
5. Whole Foods. Please, PLEASE come to OKC so I can buy more tea....PLEASE!






2 comments:

  1. T-Rex...little arms.March 17, 2009 at 1:56 PM

    Umm, 89er day???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they encourage drinking on 89er day?

    ReplyDelete