Thursday, March 26, 2009

You Just Keep on Pushing My Love....

I've never really been a big Madonna fan. I don't know if it's really her music I don't like, or if it's just her as a person, but there's just something about her that's always kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Not that I haven't heard and/or sang along to "Like a Virgin," "Like a Prayer" or any of her other more memorable hits more times than I could even think about counting, but what teenage girl hasn't? I am, however, a huge fan of The Flaming Lips. I've seen them in concert numerous times, been to screenings of their documentaries and movies, voted for their song "Realize" to be the official rock song of OK (which it is!), and I've even run into Wayne Coyne in the DFW airport before AND talked to him. Now what do Madonna and The Flaming Lips have in common? Well, nothing really, until now. The Flaming Lips ft. Stardeath and White Dwarfs did a cover of Madonna's "Borderline" and it's so good, I almost want to be a Madonna fan. But just almost.  Anyway, if you've never really liked The Flaming Lips you should give this song a listen. I know that their sound can be one that doesn't really groove with everyone, even though I've loved them from the first note I heard on the "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" album, but please, listen to this version of the song, and you might find that you really like them! Here's the video. I hope you enjoy!!

Also, the recipes from the past few days baking extravaganza will be up tomorrow! Until then, please enjoy some awesome tunes. 

Grace:
1. My wonderful dad on his 60th bday! Happy birthday Homie D!
2. Getting to spend an hour holding a 3 day old baby asleep in my arms. Precious!!
3. Spell check. 
4. THREE new cookbooks! 
5. Snow at the end of March!! I can't wait for the flurries!!

No comments:

Post a Comment