Thursday, April 23, 2009

Food, Martha, and fun things to do.

If I could eat only one thing for the rest of my life, it would be pizza. Or sushi. With pasta and mashed potatoes on the side. And lemon ricotta cookies for dessert. Okay, never mind. I could never pick only one food for the rest of my life. I always hate those hypothetical questions like "If you could take only 3 items with you on a deserted island, what would you take?" If I were to randomly find myself on a deserted island, I doubt I would have had time to think about the three things I would take with me. And even if I did, one of them would have to be sunscreen because I'm the whitest girl in America and am as red as a lobster in about 2.5 minutes, so that right there takes away one item. This is why I hate that game. But the food questions are always the worst because they are the hardest. I don't even know what my favorite food is. It changes everyday. Some days I'm feeling more fancy and gourmet and might say that escargot and pate would be my ideal last meal. While other days I'm feeling a little more casual and a cheeseburger and fries would do the trick. How am I supposed to know what I would actually choose for my last meal? I don't know what mood I'll be in that day. Geeze.

Anyway, I was reading the May issue of Martha Stewart Living, and saw a menu so beautiful and delicious, that it just might be what I ask for as my last meal should I ever find myself in that position. I haven't even eaten any of the food featured in the article, but it looks so good that I'm actually upset about going out of town this weekend because I'd much rather stay at home and make everything on the menu. Which would be three pizzas and 4 or 5 appetizers.
Oh. My. God. That pizza on the right actually has lemon slices on it. Lemon on pizza. Why didn't I think of that? And don't even get my started on those tomatoes.

I can't wait to dive into all this yumminess next week. I'm going to be dreaming of it all weekend. I'm definitely going to need someone to help me eat all of it too, because boyfriend won't have anything to do with those tomatoes, so if you're interested, let me know! But if you are wanting to sample the menu for yourselves before I get back, check it out on Martha's website. The whole menu is listed on there.

On a side note, I'm not really the biggest Martha Stewart fan. Sure she's crafty and all, but something about her just rubs me the wrong way. But dang, the woman can cook!

I hope everyone has a good weekend! I'll be celebrating a happy wedding in Fort Worth!

Also, if you're in the OKC/Norman area on Saturday, don't forget to go to the Norman Music Festival! It's free and open to the public. Starts at 11:00am and goes through midnight! I'm dyyyying to be there, but alas, I'll be missing it again. Good thing for me they are also airing it live on Wimgo.com so I'll have something to keep me entertained during the ceremony. Which also means that none of you will be missing out on it either. Here's a little preview of what you'll get to hear at the festival. So unless you're studying for finals or entertaining in-laws, you really have no excuse not to be there!! Keep OK cool and support local entertainment!

One more thing, then I'm done. I promise.
Sunday is the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon, and even though I couldn't run a marathon to save my life, my brother, his wife and kids are all participating. Bro is running the half, the kids are finishing up a kids run, and my sis in law (the real stud of the family) is going all out and running the full marathon. Since I can't be there to support them, or any of the other runners, I hope all of you can make it out in my place. And if not for me, do it for all the people who were personally affected by the OKC bombing 14 years ago.

Grrrrrace!
1. Money in my pocket.
2. Iced skinny vanilla lattes.
3. The Arts Festival
4. Gelato
5. Martha Stewart. But just this once.

No comments:

Post a Comment