Monday, June 8, 2009

All I had to do was ask

About a week before I left for a week for California, I told boyfriend that I wanted a date night. And yes, I asked for a date. Sometimes I don't like to wait around for these things to happen, and besides, the best way to get what you want is to ask for it. I have no shame when it comes to dates.

Well, boyfriend took the not-so-slight hint and went all out. He not only wined and dined me, but he cooked for me. He didn't even ask me what I wanted, or how small to chop the mushrooms, or which pan was a 13x9. He did it all by his lonesome, and it was fantastic.

I don't know what the official name of the dish was, but he simply called it "chicken and mushrooms." With a side of fettucini noodles that were perfectly buttered and seasoned with I don't know what. And bread. All my meals include bread; toasty, crusty, delightful, bread.


Now if that's not a good looking plate of food, I don't know what is. It was enough to make my heart go pitter-patter, that's for sure. So all you ladies who might be reading this, go, be bold, and ask your boyfriend to take you on a date! You may be surprised at what he's got up his sleeve. And all you fellas, go make your girlfriend dinner because she deserves it! Whether it's Kraft Mac and Cheese, or hand rolled sushi, I promise she'll love it. She'll probably even give you a smooch. Keep that in mind.

I don't have a recipe for the main dish, but I can tell you how to make ridiculously delicious bread. I was never a huge "bread with dinner" person until I figured out how to actually make bread worth eating with dinner. It's so simple and easy, you'll be making it with every meal.

What you'll need:
.1 loaf of your favorite bread from your favorite bakery. (My not-favorite-but-convenient-bakery is at Homeland and I love the rosemary and garlic loaf. But a plain french is great too.)
.Olive Oil
.S & P (Salt and pepper, for the laymen)
.1-2 cloves of garlic, peeled.

Preheat oven to 350, or 375 if you're in a hurry.
Slice bread to desired thickness and place on cookie sheet. Drizzle each slice generously with olive oil and top with salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown, about 10-13 minutes depending on how well done you like it. Rub the garlic clove over the hot bread and serve warm. Enjoy!

Grace.
1. Pizza and movie night with boyfriend.
2. Being "hired" for the first time as a baker! Thanks grandma!
3. My little brother. He likes good tunes.
4. Sunday Funday

No comments:

Post a Comment