Monday, June 22, 2009

A challenge of sorts.

I've decided to take on Mizzle's challenge and post everyday. I can't make any promises about the "living life to the fullest" thing. Not that I don't want to do that, it's just that sometimes setting such lofty goals like that makes me feel inadequate when I can't live up to them. It's much easier to make a small goal, like trying to eat one red jellybean everyday for three weeks. That's a challenge I can tackle. But living life to the fullest? I might die from a self-induced guilt trip if I decide to take a nap instead of go running. Which is exactly why I only work out once a week. I can however, promise to live my life as myself and to do what makes me happy, so maybe that really is living it to the fullest, in my own little way.

So what do I talk about in my first post of this daily post challenge? I baked a boat load of cupcakes last week, but we've all seen cupcakes before. I also attended two parties this past weekend, which means that I went out two nights in a row, which also means that I will be spending this Monday evening on the couch, in my PJ's, and will go to bed at 10:00 but secretly wish it was 8:30. What is it about going out two nights in a row that is SO hard? I mean, I'm not 21 anymore, but it's not like I'm 100 either. I'm 26! These are the days of my life! I should be able to party til dawn for at least 4 nights a week. But in reality, I don't want to party til dawn. Ever. I'm over it. If I'm up past midnight it's a miracle, which is strange considering that I used to stay up until all hours of the night doing absolutely nothing just because I liked to stay up late. That and my mild case of insomnia that has miraculously cured itself. But now when the clock strikes 12, my eyes immediately start sagging, and I can feel the narcolepsy settling in. From insomniac to narcoleptic? There's one for the medical books.

I really didn't want to post a random rant about nothing, but it looks like that's what just happened. I apologize for my scatterbrained-ness, but didn't I say I was going to do what makes me happy? Well rambling on about nothing in particular makes me happy. It probably has something to do with the fact that I'm a child of the two most talkative parents in the world and I'm fairly quiet in "real life" so this is where I let myself talk incessantly. Maybe one of these days I'll have something productive to say, but until then, here's some....GRACE!
1. Cable network season premieres! True Blood, Weeds, Dexter....I love TV.
2. Father's Day. I love Father's Day. And Mother's Day. They really make me want babies. (Shhh...don't tell anyone.)
3. Having working AC in my car. Because I don't right now. And it's 101 degrees outside.
4. Animal Collective....and my little bro leaving awesome Cd's in my car.
5. La Baguette. It is so choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment