Saturday, June 27, 2009

Whoops.

I know, I know, I missed a day of blogging. Shocker! I guess I didn't realize how hard posting everyday would be until I decided to take Mizzle up on her challenge. I forgot that I barely even look at a computer screen on the weekends, so I don't really know how this is going to work out. But I will try to make up for being so careless yesterday.

I had big plans of baking yesterday. I was going to use up the fresh blueberries I've been hoarding all week with a blueberry coffee cake. I was going to experiment with Martha and make applesauce cupcakes with brown sugar cream cheese icing. I was even going to make some snicker doodles. But then something happened. Something called an allergy attack. Do you have allergies? I do. And if you happen to know me well enough to know what allergies do to me, then you're probably surprised I even made it through the day, because I have the kind of allergies that seriously make me worthless to the human race. I sneezed no less than 200 times, and went through 1 box of Kleenex and three rolls of toilet paper. But I survived, barely. So I decided that baking in my condition didn't make for the most sanitary of baking environments. Instead, I spent the day with my mom. We dined, we shopped, we came home and read magazines and books together and then I passed out in a big leather chair for two hours. And I had a wad of Kleenex stuck up my nose the entire time. It wasn't awesome, but it wasn't too bad for a Friday either.

Grace:
1. New K Cup coffee flavor. Butter toffee. Can't go wrong with that combination, can you?
2. A delicious (and healthy) breakfast of fat-free vanilla yogurt topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries and a sprinkling of Splenda.
3. Having a pool to jump in when it's insanely hot, like it is today. And has been for the past two weeks.
4. Shopping with mom.
5. Homemade spaghetti and meatballs on a Friday night. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment