Friday, September 11, 2009

What I've Been Up To....

Finally! Summer is over! Not that I'm a summer hater, but it's really not my favorite season. Actually, it's my least favorite, but only because the other three are so glorious, they're hard to compete with. This summer wasn't so bad, especially considering that August decided to be nice to us this year. Oklahoma summers can be brutal, and usually by the time August comes around, I'm packed and ready to move to Colorado. Or anywhere with less than 100 degree heat. I'm not really a "heat" person. Give me sleet and snow and blistery cold weather and I'm a happy girl.

Anyway, since I've been missing in action for quite some time now, I thought I'd catch you all up to what I've been doing. Which is a whole lotta nothin'. Okay, I've been doing something, but most of it is very summer related things. Pool parties, egg tosses, cupcake baking, etc. Throw in a little storm chasing here and there, and that pretty much sums up what I've been doing the last month.

Here are my end of summer pics, taken on my phone (my dad hijacked my camera for two weeks), enjoy!





Cream cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped jalapenos? Yes, please.



Egg toss for money? Done.



Chilling by the pool with my besties? Done and done.






Oh lemon cupcakes. I love you.




My summer reading list....still working on it.




Thunderstorm 1.



2.



3.

And yes, I like to take pictures of storms while driving. It's very safe, don't worry.



Full Circle Bookstore, one of my favorite places in the world.




Plunko, packed and ready for the lake!



Pulling away from Grand Lake....



A pile of my dad's books. One of many. (now you see where I get it)



Cyclone Cupcakes for my niece's birthday. It was also her first day of 2nd grade. She's got school spirit!


Gigantor grasshopper on my windshield.




Two cakes stuck in their cake pans. I thought a warm bath would help pry them loose, but it didn't. I had to get rough with them instead. It wasn't pretty.




The birthday girl!!


OKC Redhawks baseball game....Thirsty Thursday!


A big ol' mess....



Makes for pretty sweet results.....(lemon cupcakes with lemon buttercream. YUM)


Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing. Double YUM.


Caddo sporting a sweet 'hawk. I'm thinking about dying it blue for Halloween. Thoughts?




So, that pretty much sums up my life for the past month or so. Now that summer is gone, and fall is here (my favorite!), you'll be seeing a lot more of me here in Wallycado-land.


Especially because I have some really big exciting news.


But I won't tell you yet. Sorry!



GRACES
1. My bestie Meesh...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (in 2 days!)
2. Excite Bots. You have to see it to believe it.
3. Interior design. Which I know nothing about, but I still love.
4. Anthropologie.
5. Vietri Italian dishes

No comments:

Post a Comment