Friday, October 30, 2009

What I've been up to...

Here I am, back in wallycado land. The last few weeks have been crazy busy, what with moving and all, so I've been a little lazy when it comes to blogging. But who can blame me? I have a new house all of my own and sometimes I just want to turn on the tunes and dance, or sit in my beloved Laz-E-Boy and read for ridiculous amounts of time. But now that I'm a little more settled, I'll probably be here more often, so don't give up on me yet.

I have had a pretty busy week, and because I'm a slacker, I'm just going to write all about it in one post, although each event really deserves a post of their own.

Let's get started!

Last weekend my cousins hosted a Chili Cookoff. Hopefully this will become a regular thing because it was so much fun! It was a family affair, which is always the best way to go in my book. It doesn't hurt that I happen to have a ridiculously awesome family.

I was lucky enough to be a judge, and let me tell you, it was some stiff competition. So stiff, in fact, that the votes had to be re-cast and re-calculated because apparently it was too difficult for us judges to make a decision. But a winner was finally selected and the prizes were handed out. Don't worry, there was a prize for all competitors...pumpkins!


Here are the winners (and the only entries).  Just look closely at the pumpkin sizes and you can see for yourself who the winner was. She cheated though....biscuits baked on top of chili? Genius!


And what chili cookoff would be complete without judges?

I'm pleased to introduce you all to Judge #1, my dad (and Emmett), Judge #2, umm, that's me, and Judge #3, the bespectacled Jonathan.  Please feel free to hire us for your next chili cookoff. We are strictly professional in selecting a winner. Just trust us on this one.


So, do you all know The Pioneer Woman? What am I talking about, of course you do! Everyone knows her, and if you don't, please visit her site where you will find beautiful photos, delicious recipes full of butter and bacon, and hilarious stories about her children.

The Pioneer Woman cookbook was released this week and last night she had a book signing at Full Circle Bookstore, which happens to be not only my favorite bookstore in the world, but one of my favorite places in OKC. So of course I had to be there

After waiting in line for four hours (seriously, FOUR hours!), Liza and I finally made it to the front of the line. And it was well worth the wait.

Here I am totally giving PW the googly eyes while Liza is looking all calm and cool and collected. I mean seriously, look at that face I'm making! Way to be cool, Annie. At least I didn't tell her how pretty I thought she was. Now that would have been embarrassing.

Here we are looking a little more normal.


We really did have a blast. It turns out that standing in line for four hours isn't all that bad when you're with a best friend, and you see Marlboro Man and PW's punks walking around greeting fans, and signing autographs. And PW herself was so nice and friendly, and now I'm convinced that she and I are destined to be lifelong friends.

Pioneer Woman, remember me? Annie? You said you loved my name and my boots?? Hello?

By the way, Marlboro Man is ridiculously rugged and handsome and Liza and I were throwing out our flirting vibes all over the place. But we didn't stand a chance after he turned and smiled at us and Liza blurted out a very audible and slightly awkward "Hi!"  Then we hurried off giggling like little school girls. We are so smooth.

Okay, now for the most important thing that's happened to me all week....


This beautiful girl is Rosemary Brownpants. Rosie, for short.

She's my new baby, and I'm totally smitten. I'd been wanting a dog since before I even had my own house, and once I moved I got serious about the dog hunt. I knew I wanted a big dog (aka, a real dog) and because I'm ridiculously allergic to everything including dogs, I not only wanted but needed a hypoallergenic dog, or any sort of poodle mix. And after a few weeks of answering ads in the paper, calling shelters, and hoping to not go through a breeder, a little luck fell in my lap and this girl came along.

I've only had her a week, but I am already crazy about her. She's sweet and pretty lazy, which is right up my alley. And her paws are ginormous; I seriously can't wait to see how huge she's going to get.  I knew it was love, when on her second day home, I found her like this on my couch.



And you know what? That's how she lays everywhere. She has no dignity. No pride. She lets it all hang out. And I'm okay with that.

Don't worry, you'll be seeing lots more of her.


G.R.A.C.E.
1. Halloween!
2. Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon. The 4th book in the Outlander series. I'm so happy to have Jamie Fraser back in my life. It's been too long.
3. Monsters of Folk
4. Ramen noodles
5. Lysol, Glade candles, incense, and anything else that cover up the smell of all the puppy pee I've had to clean up in the past week. Rosie, you little booger.

2 comments:

  1. "Destined to be lifelong friends"....that's how I felt when I met Kenny G. Remember me, I'm the girl you told about your crooked teeth?!?! I know how you feel. BTW, they have THE BEST carpet cleaner at mill creek. It will clean up anything Rosie puts on the carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post.. I know I love PW even more after she was at Full circle Bookstore until 12:30am.. OMG!

    ReplyDelete