Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's still Christmas on Huntleigh.

I have something totally embarrassing to admit. But we're friends here, so I feel comfortable spilling my guts to you. As long as you promise to spill your's back.


Do you see this??
                                               

This is still up in my living room. Yes, it is still Christmas on Huntleigh.

And yes, I realize that today's date is Feburary 10. Exactly 1 month and 10 days after I should have taken this down.


But look how cute it is??
                  

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is decorating the tree. My mom serves cookies and hot apple cidar, we listen to John Denver or Frank Sinatra's Christmas albums, and we decorate the tree together. Even though all of us are grown up, it's still something we get together and do. And her tree has become my favorite Christmas tree to look at. And I've seen alot of trees.

So for my first Christmas tree, I decided to have a decorating day with my step-brother, neice and nephew. And my grandma. And my mom, stepdad, dad, brother and sis-in-law. And boyfriend. And okay, brother and boyfriend really spent the whole time moving a bookshelf after grandma told me I had my tree in the wrong place. And step-brother and nephew were more interested in playing with Rosie and watching football than making ornaments with glitter and feathers. And we didn't have cookies, or cidar, or even John or Frank. But we had a blast anyway, and I had a completely original and homemade Christmas tree. And I love it so much, I just can't bring myself to take it down yet. Maybe I'll leave it up for the next four years in honor of my grandparents (who had theirs up for four years. True story). What do you think??


.GRACE.
1. The Metropolitan Library System. I'm now a proud card-carrying member.
2. Dr. Nida for "fixing" the Rosqueezie.
3. For me, for you blog for leading me to this shirt from Spool No.72, which I'm now in love with too.  
4. CoolGreens in Nichols Hills Plaza. Get the frozen yogurt. Orginal tart with blueberries, peaches and strawberries will rock your socks off. Seriously.
5. Seeing Wayne Coyne at a wine tasting. Yessssssssss!

No comments:

Post a Comment