In honor of my 27th birthday (which was two days ago), I am making a list of "27 in 27" and it's just a simple list of things I want to accomplish this year. For the first time, I'm starting to feel grown-up (but only slightly, and only sometimes) and there are alot of things I want to change/accomlish/learn/experience/etc. and I figured, why not start now?
Want to see my list?
1. Put together a cookbook. - I already have a few different ones going, but I want to put together a complete cookbook. This should be easy for me.
2. Pull up all carpet in my house (three rooms) and re-paint my bedroom. AND build shelves for a pantry in my kitchen - When I moved into my house, I decided to hold off on all painting or anything until I had lived here long enough to know what I wanted. Now I do. And I want to do as much of my home improvement jobs myself, just because I've never done it before. But don't think my brother(s) won't be put to work!
3. Plant a garden, flowers and produce. - Good thing I got so many gardening tools for my birthday!
4. Read War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy.
5. Take a class...in anything.
6. Run 5 miles. - Okay, this is a big challenge for me. As an asthmatic I have a hard time running 1 mile without having to stop and walk every few minutes. I'm hoping to push myself and see how far I can go! REally, if I can make it up to 2 miles I'll feel like I've accomplished alot. It may not seem like alot to many, but to me it will be.
7. Go on a vacation with boyfriend. - We've been dating for an absurd amount of time and never actually gone on a vacation just the two of us. The lake and Dallas (OU/TX) don't count.
8. Have a summer party.
9. Eat at Mahogany or The Ranch. - Just because I've never been to either.
10. Visit my friend Leslie in Dallas.
11. Plant a tree on Earth Day.
12. Have a sleepover with my niece and nephew.
13. Visit Rory's grave. - I used to go once a week, and now I haven't been in years. I need to remedy that.
14. Stop biting my nails!! - Ugh, it's bad. It's real real bad. I'm thinking about trying weekly manicures, but it sort of takes the fun away when they won't actually give you a manicure because you don't actually have nails. Trust me, this has happened before.
15. Lose 10 lbs. - Once upon a time, when I was 25, I was 10 lbs lighter. I'd like to see that chick again. #6 should help. And Rosie. She loves to run.
16. Go to a concert. - Okay, I know I do this alot, but that doesn't mean I can't put it on a list, does it?
17. Cook a hamburger. - I've honestly never once made a hamburger worth eating. It surely can't be that hard?
18. Hold a bake sale to stop childhood hunger. Check out The Great American Bake Sale for more info. Who wants to help??
19. Learn how to use Photoshop. - boyfriend bought it for me, and I have no idea how to use it.
20. Visit my bro in L.A.
21. Sell some delicious baked treats (not at the above mentioned bake sale). - Having a party? Let me bake some yummies for you!
22. Do a detox. - haha
23. Start a wine journal. - I drink plenty of vino, I might as well make a note of the ones I like best.
24. Make a new friend.
25. Read The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone.
26. Save $$ - I have a specific amount in mind, I just don't think it's polite to discuss money, so I'll keep that number to myself.
27. Have my family over for a home cooked meal.
Okay, there's my list. It was actually hard to come up with 27 things. Well, it was hard coming up with 27 things that are actually realistic goals for one year. I'm planning on somehow documenting everything as I check it off my list. I'll definitely keep you all updated on all the fun I plan on having this year! Cheers to 27!
1. Rosie's new pronged choke collar. I don't know why I didn't get one of these before, she is seriously a whole new dog on a leash. No more pulling, jumping, or generally spazzing. Now I actually enjoy walking with her. IF you're having issues with your dog on a leash, get one of these. Seriously. Now.
2. My incredibly friends, family and boyfriend for celebrating my birthday with me all weekend long. I couldn't be more blessed!
3. Shazam iPhone app. I think I use this about 7 times a day.
4. My new Keuig one cup coffee maker. I'm emptying the used K-cups and using the coffee for compost and recycling the little cups.
5. Gilt Groupe