Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tuna Salad



Tuna salad. Simple, easy, maybe even a little boring? Not today.
 Here's how I make it:
1 can of tuna (whatever is your fave)
1-2 T. mayo (I use the kind with olive oil in it)
1 T. grainy mustard
1-2 T. sweet relish
2 celery stalks from the center of the bunch, chopped
1/4 red onion, chopped
1 hard boiled egg, chopped
Salt and pepper
Just mix it all together, tasting as you go. Add a little of this or that to get it just the way you like it.  When I serve this for dinner, I ditch the bread and serve it atop some arugula/spinach/baby greens, cucumbers, avacado and tomato tossed with lemon juice and olive oil. For lunch, I like an open faced sandwich on toasted 7-grain bread with all the same toppings. Make sure to sprinkle a little salad vinegar over the top. It'll make you feel fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment