Wednesday, February 16, 2011

grace


I've had a few requests for my "graces" to be brought back. They weren't ever really gone, I just sort of lost the habit of thinking about them, which is sad because thinking of things that grace my life is such a natural thing for me to do. So they're back!  Starting now.

.grace.
1. BHLDN :  I haven't ever been much of a "wedding" girl. I think eloping sounds more romantic and unless I have a ring on my finger, I've never allowed myself to think *too much* about what my possible future wedding would be like. It's just not how I function. But then BHLDN came along. The wedding line from Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters that launched on Valentine's Day has me completely smitten. It's bad. I've already picked out three possible gowns for myself, bridesmaid dresses, and shoes. And the fact that it just so happens to have launched before I've ever been close to marriage has me thinking that maybe, just maybe, it was waiting for me.

2. Yogi teas, especially the blueberry slim life green tea.

3. Arcade Fire for the win!!! Finally The Grammy's were (sort of) worth watching again and they got a clue and rewarded a band who is actually talented, rocks hard, and completely deserved the win.

4. Snow days that include: multiple games of Monopoly, a big pot of vegetable soup, snowy walks with the Rose,  popcorn, Mad Men, lots of couch time, lots of cleaning, lots of wine at 3pm (it's a snow day, so day drinking is totally acceptable), more popcorn, mac and cheese, The Social Network, reading, reading, reading, and more popcorn.

5. I've become slightly obsessed with power foods, whole foods, the history of food, etc. These books and blogs have helped feed that obsession. The Whole Story blog from Whole Foods Market, In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan, and the cookbook Power Foods from Whole Living Magazine.

6. Okay, time to confess. I am absolutely in love with this album. I've resisted for so long, but I just can't help myself. The only thing that makes me feel better about it is that I got the album from the library for free so I'm not feeding the monster.

7. Half Price Books. This place is quickly becoming my favorite way to pass the time.

8. Having an early Valentine's Day celebration with girlfriends, a delicious home cooked meal, Apples to Apples, and plenty of laughter and wine.  And feeling the love on the real Valentine's Day.

9. My book club that keeps growing and growing.

10. Essie nail polish in Alligator Purse. It's my color of the week.

So tell me, what graces your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment