Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pizza, two ways.


Pizza.

It may be the perfect food.



And homemade is always better.

I used this recipe for the crust. It's a new one for me and so far I like it. It only makes enough for one pizza so I'm going to play with it and see if I can get more than one pizza out of one packet of yeast. But for now, it's just fine.

Night one, we topped our pizza with garlic and olive oil sauce (oil, minced garlic, red pepper flakes whisked together and brushed on), mozzarella, mushrooms, red bell peppers, prosciutto and arugula (added after it's out of oven) and it was downright delicious.

Night two was just me. I whipped up some pesto (fill blender with spinach and arugula, a hand full of walnuts, two cloves garlic, a generous hand full of parmesan cheese, drizzle in olive oil while blending) and brushed that one the partially cooked dough, topped it with mozzarella, roma tomatoes, mushrooms, shaved asparagus and goat cheese. MAJOR yum.

...graces...
1. Having a refrigerator door full of postcards, wedding and wedding related invites, and pics of my family.
2. No more 100+ degree weather! Geeze, summer could not end fast enough.
3. The Boys & Girls Club.
4. Crazy, Stupid, Love.  It was crazy, stupid, good.
5. Zara is now available online!!! Can't wait to spend some money before an upcoming trip to Napa...

1 comment:

  1. my home made pizza is also greater than at the restaurant, but everything may be improved :D

    ReplyDelete