Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to put 2011 behind me. It wasn't that it was a bad year, it just wasn't what I hoped. Now that we are four days into the new year, I'm officially over 2011, and therefore don't need to rehash all the good, bad and ugly of the year. Like everyone else, I'm looking ahead.

I was going to list all my hopes/dreams/goals/resolutions/whateveryouwanttocallit for 2012 here, but after typing and erasing the start of the list like seven times, I'm decided against it. It doesn't matter to you what my goals are. And lots of them are personal anyway. So instead I'll just share one. Because it's a good one and I'm excited about it.

I got a set of Boom Boom Cards from my sis-in-law for Christmas. I had no idea what they were, but am super excited about them now that I do. Basically, there's 25 cards in the deck. Each card has a good deed written on it and they all vary from things like buy a stranger a cup of coffee to writing a letter to a long lost friend. After the suggested deed, there's also a way to Revolutionize It! by stepping it up a notch, like instead of writing that letter to your best friend from second grade, why not write it to your worst enemy from senior year of high school? Anyway, each card has a tracking code on it. When you complete the deed, you go online to register your card and tell your Boom Boom story. Then you pass the card along to someone, anyone, and watch as that card and it's good deed gets (hopefully) passed around and around. I think the whole concept is awesome. So my goal for 2012 is to complete my deck of Boom Boom Cards and pass them along. 25 cards, 12 months. Absolutely doable.



grace.
1. Magazine subscriptions...specifically Whole Living, Elle Decor, Taste of Home, and a new OK based paper This Land.   All of which were gifted to me by loving people (and Recycle Bank points!)
2. Spending New Year's Eve at home with boyfriend. We cooked a fancy meal, drank champagne, cheered on the Thunder, and squinted way too much while watching a Swedish movie. It was the first time I've stayed in on NYE, and it was so, so fun.
3. Fresh sunflowers from Sunflower Market. They are SO pretty!
4. Being blessed with a wonderful and giving family on Christmas.
5. Sharing your goals and wishes for 2012 with your best friend only to have her tell you that she has the exact.same.goals. It's always more fun to go through things as two rather than one.


No comments:

Post a Comment