Thursday, April 5, 2012

Saying I Love You

Here's the deal: I love to say, "I love you," but I'm not an I-love-you-slut. I've never been the first to say it in a relationship, I don't say it to my mom every time we talk (bc that would be like 15 times a day), and I am not shouting from the rooftops how much I love everyone. I don't even make it that easy for others to love me.

Even so, I really love saying it to people I really love.

I've noticed lately that there are lots of people who don't say "I love you" quite so easily. The same thing goes for hugs. There are those of us who hug, and those who don't. What's up with that? Hugs are like the new handshake. I don't remember the last time I saw someone I know and didn't hug them (unless they were one of those non-huggers).

I think it's all about family. My family is full of hugs and I-love-you's and always has been. I love being around other people's families to see if they are the same. Most are, but not all. And I'm fairly certain my brothers and I are the odd ones out on the "I love you" part, because we say it all.the.time. Whether it's the shortest of phone calls or simplest of texts, there's always a "love you" thrown in there. It's automatic, but sincere.

I guess I'm just saying that if you love someone, tell them. Because I think "I love you" is the nicest compliment I've ever received.


..grace...
- tree shopping
- tomato plants
- Still being able to make my niece and nephew laugh. Who knew they'd think a walking-hug would be so funny?  (It wasn't)
- hot pink ballet flats
- vacation planning


1 comment:

  1. Pants! I Love YOU!!! :-D and I LOVE WALLYCADO!!

    ReplyDelete